Wednesday, September 10, 2008

9/11 Tribute

never forget Pictures, Images and Photos

remember 9 11 Pictures, Images and Photos

have you forgotten Pictures, Images and Photos

 

I will never forget 9/11/01. I was living in New York at this time. Thankfully I wasn't in New York City and I'm certain I didn't lose any family or friends on that day but I did lose countryman. I cried as my DH came running in the door saying "turn on the TV now!" I was shocked at first then scared out of my mind the next. My DH sent us to the basement of our home & asked us not to come out until he made it back home. Said he didn't know if he would be called to fight but he couldn't see how the president would not take a stand once the people responsible for this horrindous act came forward.

Up until this day ... I didn't follow the news ... politics ... never voted either. Since this time I watch the news religiously, I follow politics, and I vote. Without getting to political I will say one thing ... educate yourself about our country and others ... know who your enemies are cause they sure enough know about you. Please get out & vote! Voting for someone who will fight for our countries continued safety is so very important in this day & age. You can't always expect freedom to be there. Many soldiers have given up their life to keep us free. If it weren't for people choosing the hard right over the easy wrong then I don't know where our country would be today or where our country will go. Get educated on your presidential nominees ... vote on who will keep you safest ... vote for what YOU believe in and not a way that a celebrity ... family ... friend ... or political party says to vote. We're smart, strong, women ... we can make up our own minds!

Ok ... off of my soap box. If your interested ing registering to vote please click --> here <-- it's not to late.  You can also go to your local courthouse & pick up a form.

Also, if you would like more information on the candidates please ask me to send you to a great source. I have been doing my homework & compiling the info in one spot.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your tributes and of course the Mandy one.  Have a happy tomorrow and maybe a little bit somer in remembrance.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow will be a somber day for my family as I lost a cousin that day.  He was on the 2nd plane that crashed into the towers.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Very nice tribute Emmi.  We will never forget.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute Emmi, I'll never forget, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tribute and great tags.
Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Great Tribute.
I can remember it like it was yesterday even though i am in the UK. I was just getting ready to leave the house to go to work and my friend rang and told me to turn on Sky News.......... I was totally devastated, I could not believe the picture that was unfolding before my eyes. I kept seeing that same picture of the plane flying into the World Trade Centre and imagining how those poor innocent people who were just doing their jobs felt. I cried, but could not drag myself away from the tv. I eventually went to work and took my small tv with me.
It was one of the most horrendous acts of terrorism that i have ever witnessed. Mindless, Cowardly and something not to be tolerated.
I have over the years watched the ceremony that is held at Ground Zero where the names of those poor people who died are read out and their families float the flowers.......and i will continue to watch in tears for as many years as it is shown. That is my way of paying respect to those whose lives were cut short on that dreadful day.
May you Rest in Peace........ Gone but never forgotten
Jayne

Anonymous said...

nice tribute & tags.
sugar

Anonymous said...

Very nice Tribute-ty!

Anonymous said...

lovely tag creation.  thank you for sharing

Anonymous said...

Some good, at least for you, came out of this awful day.  You are now more informed and involved.  That's a good thing.  Have a happy Friday.  Luv ya!

Allison